Goto Section: 1.10010 | 1.10012 | Table of Contents
Revised as of October 15, 2020
Goto Year:2020 |
§ 1.10011 Who may sign applications?
(a) The Commission only accepts electronic applications. An electronic
application is “signed” when there is an electronic signature. An
electronic signature is the typed name of the person “signing” the
application, which is then electronically transmitted via MyIBFS.
(b) For all electronically filed applications, you (or the signor) must
actually sign a paper copy of the application, and keep the signed
original in your files for future reference.
(c) You only need to sign the original of applications, amendments, and
related statements of fact.
(d) Sign applications, amendments, and related statements of fact as
(1) By you, if you are an individual;
(2) By one of the partners, if you are a partnership;
(3) By an officer, director, or duly authorized employee, if you are a
(4) By a member who is an officer, if you are an unauthorized
(e) If you file applications, amendments, and related statements of
fact on behalf of eligible government entities, an elected or appointed
official who may sign under the laws of the applicable jurisdiction
must sign the document. Eligible government entities are:
(1) States and territories of the United States,
(2) Political subdivisions of these states and territories,
(3) The District of Columbia, and
(4) Units of local government.
(f) If you are either physically disabled or absent from the United
States, your attorney may sign applications, amendments and related
statements of facts on your behalf.
(1) Your attorney must explain why you are not signing the documents.
(2) If your attorney states any matter based solely on his belief
(rather than knowledge), your attorney must explain his reasons for
believing that such statements are true.
(g) It is unnecessary to sign applications, amendments, and related
statements of fact under oath. However, willful false statements are
punishable by a fine and imprisonment, 18 U.S.C. 1001, and by
[ 69 FR 40327 , July 2, 2004, as amended at 85 FR 17285 , Mar. 27, 2020]
Goto Section: 1.10010 | 1.10012
Goto Year: 2020 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public